Here’s some Passover help, Thornhill! Print these Guides, forms, checklists. Listen to these classes to prepare your home and your soul for a great Passover and Seder:
- Printouts including chometz selling form, checklist and step-by-steps
- Prepare for this spirituality with classes on CD or MP3
- Firstborn siyum breakfast ($20)
- Our Food drive information
Erev Pesach is Friday March 30th, 2018
MECHIRAS CHOMETZ FORM – Fill- in and mail/fax/give/email to the office – no later than Friday March 30th by 7:30 AM. Please call the Shul at 905-881-7485 or e-mail at email@example.com to confirm that the office has received your form.
A PRAYER BEFORE CLEANING to say.
EREV PESACH CHECKLIST (PDF 2018) – Print it to run a seder like a pro. Class available on on MP3 too.
Pesach Shul Schedule (2018) From Erev pesach to the last day, these are the date and time reminders, schedules for shul and home.
Seder for Those in a Rush – The best parts to include when including everyone.
Seder bedikas and serefas chumetz – Searching for and burning your chometz.
Prepare with more recorded seder ideas
Find a good Seder story book, a beduin floor seder theme, a great Dvar-Torah. Download these Passover class Mp3 files for your device and spend the next 30 days preparing:
From the how-to series
Haggadah Highlights 5777- Do You Call this Freedom?
Download this year’s guide to reading the Haggadah and leading a Seder. This class is also available on CD for the car at Disera Drive and at Miriam’s Judaica.
- Download How to Have A Sensational Seder
Run your Seder like a Pro with a 1 hour Class. This class “The Step-by-Step Seder” class goes through the entire Seder explaining all the relevant laws, recipes, customs and how to be the Seder leader.
From past parsha classes
- Hagadah -Part 1- How the Seder Provides the Leil Shimurim
- Hagadah -Part 2- How the Seder Provides the Leil Shimurim
From managing mitzvos classes
- 016 23 Mar 2006 Managing Your Mitzvos – The Passover Seder – Part 1
- 017 30 Mar 2006 Managing Your Mitzvos – The Passover Seder – Part 2
Last year’s Passover class recordings:
- Why Is This Night More Meaningful…Than Other Nights? – Part 1 (MP3)
- Why Is This Night More Meaningful…Than All Other Nights – Part 2 (MP3)
- Why is This Night More Meaningful…Than All Other Nights – Part 3 (MP3)
- Why Is This Night More Meaningful…Than All Other Nights? – Part 4 (MP3)
- Hagadaa – Why are matzos round? (Short MP3)
The Firstborns’ Siyum, Chametz breakfast
Thornhill’s only erev Pesach chometz breakfast on erev Pesach Monday April 12th. Shacharit is at 6:45, Siyum and bagels to follow. Please reserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. $20 Suggested donation.
Be a guest / Host a Guest this Seder
If you would like to be a guest at a Seder, or if you would like to enrich your table with some guests. Email the office at email@example.com, or call 905-881-SHUL (7485).
Passover Food Drive
The cost of Passover food is astronomical and many families in Toronto will not be able to afford adequate food without your help Please drop any of the following items off through April 10th at the Shul Office.
452 Spring Gate Blvd
(a box will be outside the door).
Boxed Soups/ Soup Mixes
Canned Fruit / vegetables
Matzohs / Matzoh Meal
Tea / Coffee/sugar
Experience Westmount for a Shabbos
Join a Torah class, or come experience the joyful shabbos singing. Our members, some 170 families, come from all walks of life and although we are all seriously committed to Torah-based observance, we recognize that we are all at different levels and therefore are all enthusiastic about uncovering the magic of our Torah.