Praying is an essential service
The Shul has been re-opened for services since Shavuos. Some members are praying from home and some members are praying inside the shul. The in-shul services are shortened to minimize risk.
At this time, only members may attend if they pre-register and if they commit to keeping our strictly enforced safety precautions.
High-Holiday services are also limited in number and to members of the shul. Arrangement for extra halls to allow social distanced services have been made – more details via email.
The office is open and emails answered between 9:00am and noon on weekdays. Contact the office.
Learning Torah is an essential service
Links for Live Zoom Torah classes:
- Rabbi Yossi Michalowicz ID: 9058817485 (Live)
- Rebbetzin Gail Michalowicz ID: 6477848450 (Live)
- Current service schedules during the outbreak. See the weekly bulletin emailed out to members.
Links to recorded classes and special topic videos:
- All the classes on yourtube.com Channel
- All the current class pages with recordings
- Playlist: Special Topics in Jewish Life Today
- Current classes scheduled during the outbreak. See the weekly bulletin emailed out to members.
The decisions regarding outbreak safety and limitations are based on Senior Rabbinical advice. The Westmount Shul and Learning Centre was the last Shul in the City to be closed.
We have re-opened when senior rabbinical advice allowed it. Since after Shavuos we have been enforcing the strictest adherence to safety steps that include: mask wearing, temperature checks as the door, 6′ distancing, a strict commitment to do no socializing or phone use in the shul, disinfecting tables and chairs after each service.
Leave us a Google Review of your shul